Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

On 11/2/2013 6:39 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2013-11-02 6:29 PM, sf wrote:
>
>> I never understood the hype either. They taste great fresh out of the
>> fryer and still warm, but what donut doesn't? After they cool,
>> they're just cold, lumps of lard. KK first opened in North
>> Carolina.... you get the drift.
>>

> Should that not read"..... just cold, lumps of lard and sugar"?
> Krispee Kreme opened a couple outlets in Canada but according to their
> on-line store locator, they have expanded to a grand total of 5.

One opened maybe 30 miles from me at the height of the Krispy Kreme
resurgence. I've only had one that I bought in a supermarket.
I have a sweet tooth but this was painfully so.

> They
> have not managed to compete with Tim Horton's donut shops, even though
> they launched here after Hortons had already stooped to the inferior
> par-baked product.

Like Dunkin Donuts. Not that I'm a big fan of donuts but they
used to have some that I liked. Now they're trucked in.

nancy