Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Krispy Kreme waffles

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> They
> have not managed to compete with Tim Horton's donut shops,
> even though they launched here after Hortons had already
> stooped to the inferior par-baked product.

With Timmie's being as common in Canada (3000, as well as 556 in
the US and lest we forget the one at KAF Base) as Starbucks is in
the US (13,279 so not quite a 1:1 per capita...more like 1:.04),
there aren't enough retail locations left for Kwispy Kweme. Oh, I
change my mind. They could take over the 231 closed KFC and Taco
Bell outlets in Ontario and British Columbia.

http://www.torontosun.com/money/2011.../17826611.html

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober