Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Fresh Express shredded leaf lettuce.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:11:53 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

> I was never satisfied with the quality of bagged lettuce, regardless of
> brand; it was always as you say, brown or getting there very fast or,
> just as bad, soggy. UNTIL, I tried the bagged salad from Aldi; the Aldi
> I shop has very good quality salad that stays fresh for several days and
> is only 99 cents for a 12 ounce bag. I can't say whether they have a
> better supplier or just handle it better in store; whatever the reason,
> the Aldi I shop consistently has decent bagged salad.

Great price, but no Aldi here. Yes, I know Aldi Nord is owner of the
Trader Joe's chain - but there is no store called Aldi where I live.
Maybe there's an Aldi back East (where are you located?), but I think
of it as being European. I'm satisfied with the quality of the bagged
lettuces I get at the grocery stores & Trader Joe's, but they are more
like $2 for a 12oz bag. They are very fresh and last quite a long
time.