Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Henry Mydlarz Henry Mydlarz is offline

Default Blood Pressure Drugs May Decrease Dementia Risk

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> In alt.support.diabetes Bj?rn Steensrud >
> wrote:
> : wrote:
>

> : A recent newspaper article here said that about 5% of all dementia
> patients
> : in this country suffered from raised pressure in the brain. Upon
> diagnosis
> : they underwent an operation where a drain was inserted -and all dementia
> : symptoms disappeared. "Adult hydrocephalus", unknown and unsuspected in
> : most cases, and completely curable.
>
> that is wonderful news. Too bad htat it is such a low percent of
> dementias. I wonder, however, if it might have helped my Mother as her
> over 9 years of decline may well not have been altzheimers as she had some
> partial recovery of memory in her very last days. She ws once agian able
> to recognize the names of dear ones adn kind of grunt as I told her what
> was going on with them. this was actually, a few days befor she died adn
> I alwasy though that hearign that all was well with her sisters,
> grandchildren, etc, enabled her to go in peace. She just slept away in
> the night.
>
> Wendy

My mother spent five years in a nursing home before passing away in 1997.
Even on admission she thought I was her brother, despite me living with her
since I was 18 and after I got married. In the last two days of her life,
her memory having been gone for ages, she whispered my name "Heniek".

Henry