Tony P.

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

In article >, says...
> "Tony P." wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
says

> > > So, I signed up for time of day electric. Cheaper by half after 8pm
> > > or on weekends. Electricity is SO EXPENSIVE compared to gas. Just
> > > one more reason to choose gas. People in one particulary bad winter
> > > were being hit with 3-400 dollar bills. Not me. I done got me a
> > > gas dryer. Now I dry my laundry any time I wish.

> > It depends on where you are. Natural gas prices went through the roof in
> > the northeast.

> Oh, I live in the northeast, I heard all the hoopla. Electricity was
> the killer as far as prices went. Still.

Indeed - electric rates were supposed to plummet when they broke the
distribution network from the generating plants during the deregulation
that happened in RI. But our price per KW didn't go down at all. When
you consider that most of the plants in RI use natural gas you
understand why.

I really hope they site ITER soon and get on with it. We need cheap
energy something fierce.