Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Salmon Dijonnaise

Yesterday whilst grocery shopping I was looking in the frozen section
for some kind of fish that I can cook quickly in the micro in the
mornings. Jazzy like something between bread for breakfast and I try to
make the filling as healthy as possible. While there I noticed frozen
salmon with a dijon and dill sauce. Can't remember the carb count but it
was quite low.

I had already promised to cook dinner for one son and his girlfriend who
had a very busy day yesterday. I had already purchase 3 pieces of fresh
salmon from the fishmonger so the brain ticked over.... I knew I had a
bottle of Dijonnaise mayo in the fridge so bought some fresh dill.

Mixed an adequate amount of the dijonnaise with snipped dill (I used
plenty as I like the flavour). Topped each piece of salmon with a goodly
amount of the mix and baked the fish until done and still moist.

As a side, I cute up a variety of veggies - broccoli, carrot, red
peppers, red chillies, onion, garlic, purple cabbage, snow peas and
zucchini. I put a them all in an electric frypan and poured a little
water over the top. Steamed them on a low temp until they were just
cooked but still rather crisp. At the last I added 2 teaspoons of a
honey chili dipping sauce

It was all quite easy and fast to put together and the fish pan was a
throwaway foil one, so even better