richard green

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

I bought an induction cooktop 2 weeks ago and couldn't be more happy with
it. It's fast, gets really hot and adjusts the temp up and (more
importantly) down very quickly. It goes low enough to melt chocolate or make
custard without having to use a doubleboiler or bainmarie. Drawbacks are the
cost, and the fact that it's only compatible with stainless steel or iron
cookware, but nearly all of my stuff is stainless - and - they threw in $400
worth of stainless steel pots anyway!

Richard.