Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Salmonella tied to Foster Farms chicken hospitalizes dozens, may be drug-resistant

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/salmon...rug-6C11357570

I'm sure that you all have read about this salmonella outbreak. What
I found interesting was that the article declared the chicken was safe
to eat if cooked properly to 165F. I don't know about yours, but my
instant read thermometer says poultry should be cooked to 180F. The
government says 165F as well. I guess I need to get a new
thermometer. It is less than 10 years old.
Janet US