Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Publix Weekly Ad: good thru 10/9/2013

On 10/5/2013 3:05 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 09:35:08 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> In the same sales flyer, chicken cutlets are "on sale" for $4.49/lb.
>>> Will I buy them? Not when I can get chuck roast for $2.99/lb!

>> I would never buy chicken anything for more than $1.50/lb. I usually
>> buy at half that price or so.

> Jill gets chicken cutlets for gifts... how ya gonna beat that? hehe

Just that once! I don't usually like white meat chicken but these
were pretty tasty. That's why I noticed the price of cutlets in this
week's ad.

> The market in town has chicken thighs and drumsticks on sale all next
> week for 99¢/lb:
> http://www.topsmarkets.com/WeeklyAd/...ate=2013-10-06

I'd have to go to Piggly Wiggly for that price (and buy the family pack,
which is fine). If I had some other reason to drive to that area I
might, but not just for chicken.

I see you're gonna buy some Fancy Feast and Bush's Grillin Beans.

Jill