Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
outsider[_2_] outsider[_2_] is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On 9/27/2013 1:20 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:07:59 -0500, BessieBee
> > wrote:
>
>> On 9/25/2013 10:56 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>> Julie, you're the *last* person on this group who should be commenting
>> on what is "more popular" for kids' breakfasts. He's grown now, but
>> when my son was in school his breakfast was cereal sometimes, scrambled
>> eggs sometimes and occasionally a nicely toasted frozen waffle with real
>> syrup. This was always accompanied with a glass of milk. After eating
>> his breakfast he'd usually take a poptart or something with him to eat
>> on the way to the bus stop.
>>
>> And, school provided breakfasts weren't only for the poor. Our son ate
>> his breakfast at school for about a year when his father's and my work
>> schedules made breakfast at home next to impossible. We paid for those
>> breakfasts, although I believe those kids that qualified got theirs
>> free. Those breakfasts consisted of cereal, milk, juice and sometimes
>> they could also choose a doughnut.
>>
>> It's all a matter of scheduling. "taking the time to eat a bowl of
>> cereal" is only a matter of getting the kid(s) up in time. I can't
>> think of a time when we *ever* had cereal for dinner. A late night
>> snack perhaps, but certainly not dinner!

> It would depend on where you are in the country.

Not to detract from your history, the above statement is true.

When I lived with my in-laws in Georgia briefly (that spouse
died in 1969,) mother-in-law would get up to make me their
traditional breakfast of a fried chicken thigh, grits, and
unpasteurized buttermilk sourced from their cow.