Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Storing Corning Ware

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:29:32 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 01:33:40 -0700 (PDT), "
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Friday, September 20, 2013 7:44:55 PM UTC-5, barbie gee wrote:

> >> Doesnt' everyone store pot lids in the bottom drawer of the stove?

> >No, why would you think they do??

> Because nothing else fits there. We've done it and I know others that
>
> have. Stove designs have may changed, but it was a very handy space
>
> for lids.

When I had a smooth top electric stove the drawer was large enough to store most lids plus my 2 cast iron skillets and a cast iron griddle. The new gas stove has a HUGE oven but very small bottom drawer so that ended any storing of pot lids except for 2 small ones. The broiler is inside the oven but many gas stoves do have their broiler in that bottom drawer.

Three years ago I bought new tri-ply stainless steel Calphalon cookware. The handles are longer and that pretty much ended most pan storage in the bottom drawer of former electric stove. I opted for a pot rack which solved the storage problem and the pots and pans look rather nice hanging in the kitchen.