rick etter

Default Wow, haven't been around here for a while

"katie" > wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...
> > I have learned that vegIns not only won't encourage
> > consumption of meat which involves fewer deaths than some veg
> > products, but they often very strongly *oppose* anyone else who
> > does encourage it.
> >

> you know what drives me nuts on this board? other than all the negativity
> and namecalling that mike charlton is talking about, that is. the
> generalizations. all this 'all vegans' this and that. we aren't a bloody
> cult, we are each individuals with our own ideas and lifestyles. i for

one
> encourage meat eaters to eat organic, grass-fed, free-range animal

products.
> it's silly to try to force a hard-core steak-lover to give up everything
> they're attached to and pick up a slab o' tofu. obviously wasted effort

and
> doomed to failure. so i'd say hey, here's how you can lessen your impact

on
> animals and the earth.

====================
That also a way for *you* to lesson your impact on animals and the earth. A
'slab o' tofu' is not as animal friendly, nor as environmentally sound as
grazed meats.
See the point? Nah, I'm sure you don't....

always going for a more sustainable way of doing
> things. some folks like to blindly follow dogmas,

====================
Yep, vegans do seem to like following that simple rule for their simple
minds, 'eat no meat.'

whether they are vegan or
> any other ways of thinking. but that's just a kind of person; just cause
> you've run across some vegans who don't think critically, doesn't mean you
> should put us all in the same box. you seem to have some interesting and
> valuable stuff to contribute here, why not try to contribute in a positive
> way and try not to alienate folks with the 'evil vegans' generalizations?

Ummm, I haven't seen anybody post that statement. You have a guilty
conscience or somthing?