Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pickles

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/20/2013 6:10 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:38:01 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Because Julie's husband asked her to?
>>>

>> I thought it was a friend who is doing a favor for her in return, but
>> no matter what - she's trying to find it for someone else.
>>

> I don't know. All I read was she was "asked" to find the brand. I merely
> looked it up she didn't google for herself.

I use Swagbucks as my search engine. I generally get the same results as
Google would give. But in this case, it gave me two different
manufacturers. It would seem that there are three different places that
make this brand of pickles among other things. Or perhaps two used to make
them and now only one does. I do know that Mr. Farman died in 2004 and I
think someone bought the company. And I could be wrong here but I think
someone also bought Nalley who is another brand that is connected to
Farmans. We have an area here that used to be referred to as the Nalley
Valley and it no longer is. But perhaps Nalley just moved somewhere else.
Not sure.