Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Whatever Happened To......

On 9/19/2013 10:12 AM, bhigh wrote:

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> > wrote in message
>> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:
>>
>> Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
>> tell, just faded away for lack of interest.
>>
>> -- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.
>>
>> I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He
>> was here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
>> breakfast threads, I believe?
>>
>> Judy

>> Sadly, it was confirmed.

> His house recently sold for far less than the original asking price. It
> had mold and was in disrepair. :-(

For all his cheerful, albeit odd, breakfast posts, Andy was at heart a
sad person. I don't know for sure but I suspect he was bipolar.

I felt bad having to rebuke him publicly for calling me all the time.
But he ignored private email requests in which I asked him to stop
calling. If I happened to be out he would leave sad-sack messages,
"Guess you don't want to talk to me, I won't call again". Of course he
did call again, usually within the next hour. In his mind he dreamed up
a "relationship" between us which didn't exist.

I'll talk to anyone from RFC who wants to call me *occasionally*. I'll
even call you back if you leave me a message. But don't call me four or
five times a day.

One night he called in the wee hours of the morning, 1AM and again at
5AM. Sorry, but at those hours it had better be a freakin' emergency!
So, since he wasn't hearing me, I addressed the issue here.

He went off the deep-end, called me a bitch. He said but you called me
back! Yes, I did. Someone leaves me a message, it's polite to call
them back. It means nothing more than that.

I posted about it here, he called me bitch. Hey, what else could I do?
He ignored my requests to stop calling me all day long. Then suddenly
he was all peaches and cream again, "smootches" and all that.

I don't wish anyone dead, but Andy Burns was definitely battling with
some personal demons.

Jill