Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Todd's coconut pancakes

Todd > wrote:
: On 09/11/2013 10:39 AM, KROM wrote:
: > so many think the world ends with diabetes..its just a challenge that
: > can be fun or misery..congrats on choosing fun!
: >
: > KROM

: Hi FROM,

: When I was diagnosed, eveyone thought I had heart desease.
: As it turned out and $2000 in test later (they gave me half
: off for cash), my heavy breathing was diabetic ketoacidosis.
: I was so happy I did not have heart desease, I was gitty.
: So I bought a couple of steaks and celebrated.

: It wasn't till the next day that suddenly it hit me:
: "Oh Crap! I have diabetis!"

: I have been learning to cook ever since. You guys
: have been a great help and blessing.

: The guy I told everyone about when I first joined the
: group that used insulin so he could eat whatever he
: wanted and had lost both his legs, now has lost both
: his kidneys. He says he is on the diet now, but he
: told me that apples were unlimited, so, I don't think
: so. He should have chose fun. And, once you learn
: to cook, the food is so much better than the crap I
: use to eat!

: Cooking is great engineering. And, no waiting months
: to see the result. Plus, you get to eat the artifacts!

: And, you know what else, when you cook for loved ones,
: you get back something so wonderful it is hard to
: describe. The world ends? My Butt.

: You also get told you have to excercise. So, I will
: go fishing. I DON'T HAVE TO BE TOLD TWICE! Although,
: I should probably limit myself to fishing on days that
: end in "y". :-)

: Since my Induction into the "pin cushion club":
: better food, more love, better friends, more fishing,
: less (okay, this is a family forum). A blessing, not
: a curse.

: -T

Although I am not a chemist, I do think of cooking as rather chemitry
rather than engineering, but whatever floats your boat. I have always
regarded my diabetic cooking as a contest between me and teh diabetes. I
find as many ways as possible to make foods that would be high carb that I
like to eat and succeed in fooing that mean old diabetes. Makes it more
of a game.

I amnot as low arb as you are anddon't mind taking some meds, but I have
found tons of ways to enjoy my food without bringing on those hig bg's.

Wendy