Katra

Default What does turtle taste like?

sf wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:23:22 -0600, Katra
> > wrote:
>

> > sf wrote:
> > >
> > > On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:19:32 -0600, Katra

> > > The turtles he ate were farm raised and probably a crossbred
> > > species.

> > They are farming sea turtles? Ok, so I learned something today. :-)
> > Is there any more information on it?
> >

> Actually, I tried to find you evidence via the web, but the
> farm we visited only talks about their release program.
>
> When we visited it, we were shown tanks of crossbred turtles
> that they said were for the commercial market.
> Unfortunately, they don't talk about it on their web
> pages... or at least the ones I looked at.
>
> I guess eating sea turtle is "so" not PC, they don't dare
> mention it (even if they are farm raised - like venison).

Well, it's a start... <G>

I did my own google search also, and all I could find was turtle farming
for release, not for sale.

I'm a big believer in aqua culture. Salmon, Sturgeon, etc.
Anytime we can start "farming" a luxury item and take the pressure off
the wild populations, the better! :-)

I'm waiting for abalone farming to really take off so I can enjoy that
wonderful mollusk again!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...balone+farming

I still draw the line tho' at consuming cetaceans. I feel that they are
sentient and eating them is tantamount to cannibalism.

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra