Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default Todd's coconut pancakes

if baking on a rack on a sheet tray I would season both shrimp and batter..

if frying I would season them with a seasoned salt right out the fryer.

the fun part is trying these things and tweaking to your taste

recently I've been doing a lot of Asian foods

I've mastered naoc cham which is a delicious fish dipping sauce for egg
rolls etc..i haven't quite got a good sub for some of the sugars and carbs
in some of these items to make them taste proper..but I've been having some
success with agave and raw sugar in tiny amounts..which in the final dish
doesnt spike me at all.

I was playing with a batter of egg whites..sparkling water and a coconut
flour with a dash of tamari for things like chicken strips to cover the
coconut flavor..which is great on shrimp..not so much chicken.

in fact I was going to try lollipop chicken wings with this batter Thursday

I am going to a Asian store this week to try to find those tofu skins to use
as egg role wrappers..might be good..I hope..lol

keep playing with your food and let us know what ya come up with!

KROM

"Todd" wrote:

Hi Krom,
Battered shrimp sounds SO good! Thank you!

These pancakes taste like a cross between a pastry and a pancake.
A pastry shrimp might taste a little weird. Would you change
any of the seasoning to accommodate the shrimp? OR, just
leave the formula alone and try it?