Jane Lumley

Default Machine mixing; advice needed

In article >, Jane Lumley
> writes
>I have been puddling along with a KitchenAid Artisan for six months, in
>an increasing sweat of frustration over its capacity. Even with only
>half a batch of stiff dough like bagel dough or stick dough like a
>sourdough, it struggles, and today it burnt out for the third time,
>though it was well below its own alleged maximum capacity and only on
>#2. I've been thinking about replacing it since I make 2 batches of
>bread a day and handkneading is a bit too time-consuming.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I did eventually find a new Hobart
for 1990 GBP, and a second-hard one for 600, but decided in the end to
go for a Kenwood Major, on the principle that I could alternate it with
the KitchenAid so that only one was being repaired at one time! If I'm
still frustrated after 12 months, I'll have to bite the bullet and get a
Hobart.

I don't use a food processor for anything but very wet foccaccia dough
(and piecrust) but was interested that people recommended it.
--
Jane Lumley