Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default TN: '63 Warre, plus Roagna Dolcetto and nice summer wines

> 1963 Warre’s Vintage Port
>
> Decanted in afternoon, then returned to rinsed bottle (minus about 3 heaping tablespoons of sediment). Showed very well- dried dates and fig, nutty, spice, lighter styled but quite charming. B+/A-

I bought several bottles of 1963 Waare's in the early 1970's and still have some that has been properly stored. It has been very good since the 1990's, but before then I would not use "lighter style" in the description. I have not opened any in several years, so I need to open a bottle soon to see how it has evolved.