Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Cooking pads

On 8/15/2013 8:31 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/11/2013 1:55 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 22:21:39 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:

>>> Cooling off is a whole other story. Like Jill said, we just get
>>> used to it.

>> I certainly don't care how long it takes electric to cool off. If I
>> want it to stop cooking immediately, I move it to another burner.
>> It's not like gas is instant off either, because the grates are still
>> hot after the flame is turned off the flame and it continues to bubble
>> unless you move the pan.
>>

> A few days late I agree with this. I also have some very thick hot
> pads and also a trivet I could set the pan on to remove it from the
> heat. I'll have to take a picture of one of those hot pads. They were
> a bridal shower gift to my mother in 1951. They're handmade and really
> wonderful.
>
> Jill

That's what I mean by learning to adapt. I have a silicone trivet that
I put hot pans on when I want to move them off of the heat.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.