Posted to rec.food.cooking
T[_5_] T[_5_] is offline

Default brussel sprouts

In article >,
says...

> On 14/08/2013 12:01 AM, Anony Mouse wrote:
> > No. Don't use frozen. Please.
> >
> > Fresh sprouts, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, olive oil, parmesan,
> > lemon juice, broiler.
> >
> > Broil till golden brown and delicious, stirring occasionally.
> >

> Of all frozen vegetables, Brussels Sprouts are my favourite.

I can get fresh around here pretty much all year long. I split them in
half, season, and into a butter/olive oil mixture in the pan cut side
down. Wait a few minutes for them to get nice and brown. If I'm in the
mood I'll deglaze with about a half cup of red wine and cover for about
3 minutes. That softens them up a bit.

The wine is purely up to you. I use Chianti and sometimes a Bordeaux.