Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default brussel sprouts

On 8/14/2013 1:53 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 14/08/2013 12:01 AM, Anony Mouse wrote:
>> No. Don't use frozen. Please.
>>
>> Fresh sprouts, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, olive oil, parmesan,
>> lemon juice, broiler.
>>
>> Broil till golden brown and delicious, stirring occasionally.
>>

> Of all frozen vegetables, Brussels Sprouts are my favourite.

Frozen Brussels Sprouts are not bad but my favorite frozen vegs are peas
or Lima beans. Frozen peas indeed are as good as fresh to me and it has
always been maintained that home-grown Sprouts are best after they have
been frosted in the Fall. My favorite recipe with Brussels Sprouts is
very simple: just blanch them and serve with butter, olive oil or even
butter substitute with a sprinkling of marjoram.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.