Sam D.

Default Reunion Food?

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> I'll be at a family reunion this weekend at my brother's home on

Lake
> Springfield in Illinois. I'm trying to think up something to take,

but
> it's being catered and most of the bases are covered. There will be

a lot
> of boating and both of the jet skis will get a workout. The older
> relatives will be using the pontoon boat so I was thinking of doing

some
> 'boat food'. Any ideas? Anything with mayo is out of the question

> think. Something snacky maybe. I'm at a loss on this one. There

will be
> 40 of us.

There is plenty of fresh fruit in season right now. We do a lot of
boating -- I just spent 4 days on our sailboat -- and fresh fruit
makes a satisfying and refreshing snack almost anytime. We had
canteloupes and papayas that we pre-cut into bite-size pieces. We also
had nectarines, grapes, bananas and mangoes. The magoes were terrific
but they are a bit messy to snack on.