Posted to rec.food.cooking
pltrgyst[_4_] pltrgyst[_4_] is offline

Default Cooking pads

On 8/13/13 9:42 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> This might be of interest. I just got the Coopers catalogue in and they
> have an 'induction hob converter' which, apparently, allows you to use
> any pan on your hob!
>
> http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/...find=Induction hob converter

Those things are good only for very, very low heat tasks. They basically
"convert" your induction hob into an ordinary electric element.

They defeat the entire purpose of induction cooking, and are extremely
inefficient.

I had one once, that came with a Wolfgang Puck hob I bought -- the hob
was fine, but the "adapter" was worthless, unless you wanted to use your
induction hob as a warming plate for non-induction cookware.

-- Larry