Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Cooking pads

dsi1 wrote:
>Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Not everyone has the option of gas or propane. Electric is the only way
>>> I can cook, unless I use my grill (which is not propane).

>> And that's exactly why you should sell that place and move. You like
>> to cook and evidently do a good job of it. Find yourself a place with
>> a good gas stove and formica countertops that can withstand constant
>> use and abuse.

>Nobody buys a house because it has a gas appliance, at least, I
>wouldn't. I grew up using gas and I can take it or leave it. OTOH, a gas
>line into our house was a big deal back in the early 60s. I remember
>there was literature from the gas company telling my parents how great
>the all-gas home was. My main beef with gas is that in the tropics, it
>can be very uncomfortable. We have 70 percent relative humidity and that
>thing puts out heat and water vapor.

That's just silly... all cooking produces heat and water vapor, most
foods are about 80% water... the amount of water produced from burning
gas is inconsequential compared to that from cooking food. And living
in the tropics it's humid all the time, cooking or not. And in the
tropics most folks cook outdoors. I lived in the tropics, most folks
cook with propane, electric isn't even readily available everywhere,
many have refrigerators that operate with kerosene.