Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default Cooking pads

On 8/9/2013 9:19 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Not everyone has the option of gas or propane. Electric is the only way
>> I can cook, unless I use my grill (which is not propane).

> And that's exactly why you should sell that place and move. You like
> to cook and evidently do a good job of it. Find yourself a place with
> a good gas stove and formica countertops that can withstand constant
> use and abuse.
>
> G.

Nobody buys a house because it has a gas appliance, at least, I
wouldn't. I grew up using gas and I can take it or leave it. OTOH, a gas
line into our house was a big deal back in the early 60s. I remember
there was literature from the gas company telling my parents how great
the all-gas home was. My main beef with gas is that in the tropics, it
can be very uncomfortable. We have 70 percent relative humidity and that
thing puts out heat and water vapor.