Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_9_] Ophelia[_9_] is offline

Default Cooking pads

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 21:16:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>>> When I had my gas stove installed, I got two tanks with an automatic
>>> switchover. When one runs out, a red flag pops up and I have plenty of
>>> time to schedule a refill/exchange/replacement of the empty one.

>>That sounds a much better option

> I heat/cook with propane so I have a 500 gallon tank that's filled
> regularly based on degree days, I don't need to call. However they
> may not permit propane tanks where Jill lives, apparently there are a
> lot of HOA rulz there... and I can understand why, a lot of people
> ignore the safety rules and will use propane grill tanks to operate
> their inside cook stoves, a big no-no.

Ah yes! At our house we have gas piped in and it is used for cooking and
heating, but at our cottage in the north, the cooker is electric and for
heating there is an oil tank which has an indicator of the contents (a
level gauge) and that heating oil is paraffin. I don't have any experience
of propane in big tanks. We do use propane for our caravan, although that
is in bottles.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/