Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default Cooking pads

On 8/8/2013 6:34 AM, Quinch wrote:
> I've recently switched to an electrical stove, and there's something that bugs the living daylights out of me. Namely, heat transference.
>
> The elements are metal, and so are the pans. Neither of these is particularly pliable, which means that there's very little actual surface contact between the two, so there's probably a hell of a lot of heat loss.
>
> So my question is, is there anything to help with that, like some sort of soft, heat-conductive pad that goes between the two to help with heat transference {for the computer-wise, basically thermal paste, except in solid form}.
>
> Or anything else that works, really.
>
> Regards,
>
> Quinch

There's nothing like that as far as I know. At least you're getting
better heat transfer than gas. If you want the most efficient method of
cooking you'd pretty much have to go with an induction range or cook
with microwave. The cheapest to operate would still be gas any way you
look at it. People should be looking at ways to improve the efficiency
of gas but it's so cheap that there's little interest.