Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Best Michigan wineries?

wrote:
> Traverse City area, a couple days to visit, which wineries do you
> recommend? We are dry wine drinkers, love a good pinot or sauvignon
> blanc. Not interested in sweet fruit wines.

In the Traverse area and the Old Mission Peninsula, you'll find Left
Foot Charley and Chateau Grand Traverse, both of which make very fine
wines. Be aware, though, that Riesling is king up there and I wouldn't
be very optimistic about Pinot Noir from there. If you do go to either
of those places, you might ask them where else in the area to visit.
And please let us know of your experiences when/if you do visit those
wineries!

Mark Lipton