hahabogus

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:05:18 -0500, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
>>I like gas ranges *much* better than electric, and I like electric
>>ovens
>> a little better than gas. An ideal range would be 36" wide, have a
>>gas cooktop and electric convection oven. (And a smallish 2nd
>>built-in electric oven in the kitchen somewhere.)

> Hear-hear! When I win the lottery, I'm getting one!
>
> We have a microwave oven with a built-in broiler, but haven't used the
> broiling function yet. I've broiled two things in my whole life.
> Grilled (broiled) cheese sandwiches, and two steaks. Can't eat the
> sandwiches any more, and I didn't care for the results with the
> steaks. I'm sure we'll eventually figure out something to broil.
>
> Carol

Broil Asperagus...first rub it in Olive oil (or canola) then liberally
salt. No need of sauces, fast and quite tasty. (Broiling is kinda like
grilling but upside down and in the house). Broil shrimp, or any other
seafood. Broiled burgers are good. YMMV.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.