Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Bjørn Steensrud Bjørn Steensrud is offline

Default Cream for a sauce?

Todd wrote:

>>> Hi Bjørn,
>>>
>>> We call them Caribou here (Alaska). Are they good eating?
>>>
>>> -T

>> Excellent eating!
>> In stores I can find packs of frozen "shavings" - small slices - of
>> reindeer meat. Saute chopped onions, fry the thawed meat in oil, add
>> cream for a sauce. Crushed juniper berries for a spice, in addition to
>> s&p of course. (S)he who has an oven could try a roast - just treat it as
>> venison.

> Hi All,
>
> What does Bjørn mean by "add cream for a sauce"? How is
> this done?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Sorry - should have been clearer. During the frying there will be some
liquid in the pan. At medium heat, add your choice of cream - heavy, light,
sour - little by little, keep it at a low boil. You may want to let the
resulting sauce thicken. I add the cream after the meat is cooked through.
Experiment with small portions! Oh, and mushrooms will add to the
experience. Delicious. It's too late to go to the store, will have to go
tomorrow ...