Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

In article >,
Trawley Trash > wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 23:09:58 -0700
> Billy > wrote:
>
> > First, it was the consumption of virgin top soil. More recently, the
> > protein that envelops us comes from the Fritz Haber Process
> > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haber_process>
> > and is responsible for the last 4 billion people to join the human
> > race.

> OK. The Haber process produces ammonia that can then be used
> as fertilizer. Other than the need to balance this with other
> nutrients, I don't see a problem here.
>
> The earth is supporting 7 billion at the moment, and I don't
> see any reason why it can't support 20 billion.

I think it's a vision problem.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_footprint

The ecological footprint is a measure of human demand on the Earth's
ecosystems. It is a standardized measure of demand for natural capital
that may be contrasted with the planet's ecological capacity to
regenerate. For 2007, humanity's total ecological footprint was
estimated at 1.5 planet Earths; that is, humanity uses ecological
services 1.5 times as quickly as Earth can renew them.
-

The nitrogen from the Haber Process ends up as NH3 ---> consumed by
plants & bugs ---> amino acids --> protein --> enzymes (including
photosynthesis) ---> plants which we eat, or fed to animals that we eat
----> human protein.

Top soil, stripped of its organic components requires increasing amounts
of NH3 to maintain yields. The stripped top soil doesn't have tilth, and
blows away, and washes away,
<http://www.ext.colostate.edu/mg/gardennotes/212.html>
GMOs have not increased yields, or nutrition.

The worlds population wold be much smaller without the Haber process.

With the Haber Process we are consuming 40-75% of energy intake as
carbohydrates, as opposed to 22 to 40%, back in the Paleolithic days.
Celiac disease, and lactose intolerance show that Homo sapiens are still
adapting to our new diet.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>