Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

Bj?rn Steensrud > wrote:
: Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:

: > W. Baker wrote:
: >
: > [massive snippage]
: >
: >> Do the Lapps still move with the reindeer herds
: >> in Northern Scandinavia? all ancient practices.
: >>
: >> Wendy
: >
: > They do. In the northernmost part of Norway, they walk from the inland
: > plain to the coast, freighted by boats/small ships to the islands to graze
: > all summer. When summer is ending they SWIM back to the mainland, with
: > boats standing by to help stragglers. They are in much better shape than
: > in the spring :-)

: I should add that the deer walk and swim, not the Sami :-)

: > There's also reindeer herding in the southern mountains, less movement but
: > they have to be watched all the time so they don't join the herds of wild
: > reindeer.

I figured that, as swimming would make it difficult to keep the reindeer
in line:-) Also I figued the boats coudl be used by the herders as well.

Wendy