Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Pots and pans.

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:50:34 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:48:22 -0400, pltrgyst > wrote:
>
>> On 7/25/13 7:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > I do have a large Revereware Dutch Oven but they do not make Revereware like
>> > they used to....

>> More like they never did. Revereware has always been cheap, thin steel.
>> I still have a box of my mom's Revereware pots and pans from the 1950's...
>>

>I hated my mother's Revereware too and am always mystified when it's
>discussed as if it's something wonderful. Her Revereware is 100% of
>the reason why I came to so late the modern ss party.

Going back 40 to 50 years, Reverware and Farberware were two of the
biggest selling brands of cookware. We bought Farberware when we got
married in 1966. The pans were pretty crappy, thin, hard to use
properly. They are long gone. The pots, however, are still in good
condition and are used on a regular basis. You don't need fancy
twelve ply exotic metals to heat up a can of soup or boil potatoes.

While I'd never touch the pans again, the pots are good quality and
have held up well for many years now.