Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 07/22/2013 08:47 AM, Billy wrote:
> >> ask to traditional medicine. For instance, I use Opuntia

> > ERROR, Will Robinson:
> > O. megacantha raised concern about toxic effects on the kidney and
> > extracts of O. streptacantha may inhibit alpha-glucosidase activity.
> >
> > Pompe Disease: a disorder in which alpha-glucosidase is deficient.
> >
> > While alpha-glucosidase inhibitors, are used as anti-diabetic drugs in
> > combination with other anti-diabetic drugs, that is not to say that you
> > can't over indulge. It's not fool-proof.
> >

> Hi Billy,
>
> Thank you for the heads up. You must be careful refining herbs.
> I can eat as much unrefined as I want. The danger amount
> of the refined stuff is far, far more than I'd ever consume.
> 1000 mg of Met twice a day sends me down the hall to the
> point that I can not go to work. 1000 is a standard dosage
> too, not an overdose.
>
> So, you are correct, it is all a matter of proportion.
> Chemical drugs are a lot more dangerous than (non-toxic)
> herbs. You really, really have to overdue it with
> herbs, to the point you'd explode, to hurt yourself.
>
> Where is the world do you buy your bitter melon?
>
> -T

I don't. I'm growing it, but I see that our local Asian Market sells it
in season. If you are in Reno you might check for an Asian market in
Sacramento, or if you are in Vegas, try L.A. They may be able to ship to
you.

Moderate Interaction
Be cautious with this combination
€ Medications for diabetes (Antidiabetes drugs) interacts with BITTER
MELON
Bitter melon can decrease blood sugar levels. Diabetes medications are
also used to lower blood sugar. Taking bitter melon along with diabetes
medications might cause your blood sugar to be too low. Monitor your
blood sugar closely. The dose of your diabetes medication might need to
be changed.

Some medications used for diabetes include glimepiride (Amaryl),
glyburide (DiaBeta, Glynase PresTab, Micronase), insulin, pioglitazone
(Actos), rosiglitazone (Avandia), chlorpropamide (Diabinese), glipizide
(Glucotrol), tolbutamide (Orinase), and others.

BITTER MELON Dosing
The appropriate dose of bitter melon depends on several factors such as
the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there
is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range
of doses for bitter melon. Keep in mind that natural products are not
always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow
relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or
physician or other healthcare professional before using.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie