Posted to rec.food.cooking
casa bona[_2_] casa bona[_2_] is offline

Default Does anyone have a recipe for slow cooker bourbon pulled porkfrom scratch?

On 7/22/2013 2:35 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:10:58 -0600, casa bona > wrote:
>
>> On 7/22/2013 1:06 PM, sf wrote:
>>> Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce? Can't say I've ever purchased it and if I've
>>> eaten it, the bourbon flavor was so faint that I didn't even notice
>>> it.
>>>

>> It's not too bad, but there are store-brand bourbon peppercorn sauces
>> for grilling that do a far tastier job.

> Bourbon peppercorn sounds interesting - is it similar to the bourbon
> peppercorn pan sauces that are on the internet?

It's quite a bit stronger to my taste buds, but you can certainly adjust
or sweeten with a bit of honey.

I also make a pan sauce using bourbon, shallots and green peppercorns,
but that's more to top off a filet that's already been grilled in spices.