Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 07/21/2013 12:50 PM, Billy wrote:
> >> also

> > or nutraceuticals
> >

> My understanding of "nutraceuticals" is that they are
> refined natural products and not the unrefined stuff
> that herbalists usually use. Herbalists use both.
>
> This is why I like the phrase "Traditional Medicine".
> It does not limit, vitamins, herbs, nutraceuticals,
> etc..
>
> Some nutraceuticals get a little too close to
> pharmaceuticals, which can give anaphylactic shock.
>
> I could be wrong now. (I am sure I will be told so,
> if I am. Which is okay, as long as you are nice about
> it)
>
> -T

Dictionary
nutraceutical
noun
a food containing health-giving additives and having medicinal benefit.
----

Wikipeda
Nutraceutical, a portmanteau of the words ³nutrition² and
³pharmaceutical² and was coined by Dr. Stephen L. DeFelice, founder and
chairman of the Foundation of Innovation Medicine (FIM), Crawford, New
Jersey.[1] The term is applied to products that range from isolated
nutrients, dietary supplements and herbal products, specific diets,
genetically modified food, and processed foods such as cereals, soups,
and beverages.

------

I used the word nutraceutical in the dictionary sense, since this a.f.d.
is food group.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>