Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Cocktails

On 2013-07-22 08:55:51 +0000, Ophelia said:

> "Michael Press" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> Our tastes coincide perfectly <g> I hadn't really thought of those as
>>> cocktails Perhaps I need to review my perception

>> Fever Tree bitter lemon is my favorite mixer for a tall gin drink.
>>
>> <http://biggerthanyourhead.net/2010/08/02/we-love-this-stuff-fever-tree-bitter-lemon/>
>>

> I haven't seen that before.

It's gotten a lot of press in the past couple of years because it's
natural ingredients. I gave it a try with a couple of four-packs but
don't drink so much tonic that I really cared one way or another.

I recently saw a tonic water taste-test in the NY Times in which
Schweppes won hand's down:

http://tinyurl.com/kt5mfba

In another test at drinkspirits.com, both Canada Dry and Schweppes beat it:

http://tinyurl.com/kd94gvj

But I realize the lemon-flavored and the Mediterranean are likely
significant different tonics. I think my wife didn't like it's sugar
content--this from reading, not from tasting.