Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

On 07/21/2013 04:35 PM, Billy wrote:
> Todd would have made a stronger argument that allopathic medicine rarely
> appeals to our Epicurean senses the way nutraceuticals can.

I stand corrected!

> For example:
> Bitter Melon Delight
>
> Ingredients:
> 1 Bitter Melon (seeded and sliced)

I can not find the carb count on this on USDA or
Self. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Can you send me a link?

> 2 Eggs
> 3-4 pieces of Bacon

Your the man!

> ? tsp. Garlic

A lot. (Proof God loves us.)

> 1 tsp. thin Soy Sauce

Uh oh. I have to stay away from Soy Sauce. What
seasoning would you sub? Paprika has a dark
smoky flavor, maybe? Add more bacon, it is smoky?

> Pepper
> Directions:
> Beat eggs and stir fry with Bitter Melon, bacon, garlic, and soy sauce.
> Add a dash of pepper to taste.
> This is a traditional Thai dish.

>It can also be prepared without bacon

NOOOOOOO!!!

> or
>
> Bitter Melon Gazpacho
>
> Serves: 20
> Submitted by: Andi Sutton
>
> Ingredients:
> 4 large cans v-8 (or 6 - 8 lg. tomatoes)
> 2 sticks celery
> 2 red peppers: diced
> 1 green pepper: diced
> 2 yellow peppers: diced
> 2 cucumbers: diced
> 1 Bitter Melon: cored and diced
> 2 bunches scallions: diced
> 2 bunches cilantro: diced (Substitute parsley)
> Vinegar to taste
> Tabasco sauce to taste (you could just add hot peppers)
> Optional: carrots, garlic, and turmeric to taste
> Directions:
> Wash and prepare all vegetables. Blend ? the diced vegetables in a
> blender with the tomato juice. Stir in remaining vegetables and add salt
> and tobasco to taste. Chill overnight. Ladle in to Bitter Melon cups,
> sprinkle with extra cilantro and serve.
>
> w/
>
> Rhubarb pie,
>
> or
>
> prunella and mint tea.
>
> Allopathic medicine, eat your heart out.

Hear! Hear!

-T