Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Turnip greens

Billy > wrote:

: Our favorite is beet greens (similar to Swiss chard), and the whole
: plant is edible. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, sliced garlic
: to taste, and saute for a couple of minutes, and then add beet greens
: (or greens of choice), and stir until they wilt. I serve with
: vinaigrette (parmesan cheese is optional).

This method works well for many greens including spinach and swiss chard,
I used to hate Swiss chard because people would serve it very over boiled
so it didn't tste like much. when I tried it this way, I found it
delightful. I do cut the stems into quite short pieces and put them in
the bottom of the pan with the leaves on top as they take a bit more heat
and time to cook.

I am still workingt o master kale, ut have made it in the same way.

Wendy