Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Does anyone have a recipe for slow cooker bourbon pulled pork from scratch?

> wrote in message
Does anyone have a recipe for slow cooker bourbon pulled pork from scratch?
That is, a recipe with no bottled BBQ sauce or ketchup. I had one, once,
using Pork shoulder, garlic and pepper rub, maybe ¼ cup bourbon, and a wee
bit of tomato paste but I cant find it...

Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson

Ingredients
2 lb. pork shoulder
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup bourbon
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 large onion, sliced

Directions
1.Season the pork with salt and pepper. Brown the pork on all sides and
place in slow cooker.
2.Scatter the sliced onions around the slow cooker.
3.In a large bowl, mix the dark brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, Dijon
mustard, and ketchup. Pour over the pork and onion mixture.
4.Set the slow cooker to low and cook the pork mixture for 8 hours.
5.At the end of 8 hours, remove the pork let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
6.Using an immersion blender, blend the onions and the sauce to a smooth
mixture. If you don't have an immersion blender, use your blender - it will
be just fine.
7.Shred the pork and mix some of the sauce with the shredded pork. Serve
with extra sauce if requested.

Read mo
http://cookinginstilettos.com/bourbo...#ixzz2ZjVYfIC8