Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Cocktails

On 2013-07-19, Ophelia > wrote:

> Oh!!! errr .... not like regular iced tea then??

If made properly, a good one tastes exactly like iced tea. It's an
amazing trick, as the ingredient list is pretty much all hard liquor:
rum, vodka, tequila, and gin. Plus, jes a tad bit o' triple sec for
flavor and jes enough cola for color. When done right, taste jes like
sweetened iced tea, but as one poster noted, will make yer head spin
if yer not an experienced drinker. I love a perfectly executed LIIT,
as it thoroughly deceives one's senses. A bad one is jes that. I've
never succeeded in making a good one, but I've tasted great ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_Iced_Tea

nb