Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Bastille Day and a hot week- Juge and Pepiere are great,others vary

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:03:59 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> On Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:24:01 AM UTC-4, Emery Davis` wrote:
>>
>> I think it's the other way around (or used to be): 'C' stands for
>> Coteaux,
>> and as usual the higher up the hill, the more age-worthy.

> I thought the SC was the more ageable- certainly sells for more!

Yes, you're right. SC is for "selection coteaux", which IIRC is older
vines (and hence more age worthy). I was thinking of C vs the regular
Cornas, where the vines are grown on the flat. At least in the past
there were 3 cuvees, I don't know if they're all imported to the states.

Heading your way into the heat tomorrow, will be passing through NY on
the way to the even hotter DC (gasp).

-E