Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Diabetes and Statins

On 07/14/2013 12:13 PM, Billy wrote:
>> Have you measured your homocystein?

> No.

You should get it tested. Homocystein etches your arteries
(cholesterol is the patch). If you don't get your
homocystein down, you will need stent after stent.

You don't need a doctor to get a test either.
Just call around to the various clinics and
find one you can just walk in. The parameter
as to good and bad will be written on the test
result.

The clinic actually does need a doctor's request -- the
one I go to just has the doctor that runs the clinic
sign off on it for an extra $10.00. These clinics
are easy to find.

>> >Are you taking folates?

> 400 mcg

Make sure it is folate and not folic acid. About
half of us can not covert folic acid to folate.

>> >Are you taking turmeric?

> Yes.

Turmeric is probably what saved my heart/life from the high
BG for the four or so years I walked around not knowing
I had something wrong. (I loved my pastas!)

-T