Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Nopales and pennies?

On 07/14/2013 02:32 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> Anybody caught putting snotty cactus in beans if liable
> to get lynched. Like the person say..they eat em for breakfast with
> scrambled eggs. Muy bien.

Hi Guys,

Spoke to a coin dealer about a 20 cent Mexican coin.
He said he would not use one for cooking as they
were pretty GROSS by the time he got them. He went on to
tell me that U.S. pennies on or before 1981 were copper.

So, I found a 1980 U.S. penny, washed it up and then
scrubbed it with lemon juice to pretty it up. Then I
cooked it for 10 minutes with my Nopales ("snotty
cactus", still snickering) -- in my pressure cooker
on high (autoclaved the stinker) with a lot of salt.

And, guess what? NO SNOT! The darned thing worked!
You learn something new every day. Not sour either.
Taste like green beans. Tried them with scrambled
eggs -- the jury is still out.

Thank you all for the tips, especially the one about
U.S. pennies not being made out of copper any more.
You guys are a blessing.

-T

I remember my previous attempts, trying to spoon some
out of a bowl to my plate and having a long string
follow my spoon. EEEWWWWW!!!