Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Blueberries!

On 14/07/2013 5:10 AM, Gary wrote:

> A friend of mine in Connecticut has 2 bushes in his yard. He mentioned how
> most years the birds and the chipmunks ate them all so this year he netted
> them.
> He said, "To just glance at the bushes, you might think there was maybe
> a quart there. But looks are deceptive I guess... <wife> has been working
> hours and hours on it over the last couple weeks, and she must have picked
> at least 10 quarts by now"!

The first year I had a crop of blueberries I watched them develop
slowly. One day I thought they would be ready to harvest in a day or
two. Some critters apparently thought they were good enough then because
the next day they were all gone. I netted them with a 1/2" chicken
wire.... not good enough.