Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Knorr Turkish Soup Mixes

On 2013-07-08 04:46:18 +0000, sf said:

> Why don't you give us a link so we know what you're talking about?
> Knorr is Knorr... salty tasting with little flavor.

Because I was speaking in the generic. There is no one specific soup
that I'm trying to find out about.

> Knorr is Knorr... salty tasting with little flavor.

Generic information duly noted. That is so sadly the case with most
powdered concoctions, but fortunately not all of them. I've been having
great success with Near East products, primarily the pilaf. Still, I've
heard people speak highly of Knorr.

http://tinyurl.com/ktasatz

Knorr's salt notwithstanding, it's interesting to see so many soup
types of Turkish provenance. I got an Adamba (Polish) soup prep:
"Polish Style Krupnik - Mushroom with barley soup" from a local Russian
deli. I thought it was quite good; good enough to hunt down a few
recipes and try my own. I like the taste better from the package, but
it can't exactly be "hearty" with nothing but dehydrated stuff in it.

I may pursue Turkish soups in similar fashion as trying the packaged
varieties at least gives me the general vibe. So collecting these names
I've come up with these mostly English translations of soup varieties:

Turkish Soup Toyga with Chickpeas and Wheat
Turkish Dugun Soup
Turkish Kasik Borek Soup
Turkish Manti Soup with Mint and Yoghurt
Turkish Kafkas Soup with Cabbage and Carrot
Turkish Mahluta Soup!! W. Lentil and Cumin
Turkish Soup Yuvalama with Chickpeas and Wheat
Turkish Hanimaga Soup with Chickpea and Eristeli Soup
Yuksuk Prepared Turkish Soup W. Cheakpeas (Yuksuk Corba)
Klasik With Cream Mushroom Soup
Klasik with Cream Vegetable Soup
Regional Soup (Package: Köfteli ve Bulgurlu Anali Kizli Çorbasi - Yöresel)
Klasik Tarhana Soup
Klasik Yoghurt Soup
Klasik Lentil Soup
Klasik Ezo Gelin Soup

Digging through the Amazon pictures of packages in conjunction with
translate.google.com has been handy, explaining much about what they
are.