Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_9_] Ophelia[_9_] is offline

Default Corn fritters (was eggwashed and breaded zucchini: doubles)

"sf" > wrote in message

> Thanks! That's the first recipe I've seen that calls for a beaten egg
> white and I looked at many yesterday. Do you do that too? I can see
> that using the beaten egg white with no wheat flour would be good for
> people with a gluten intolerance and those who are counting carbs. Do
> you add any rice flour or corn flour (aka: cornstarch) or keep it egg
> only?

Oy my memory(((

I had never seen a recipe before but looked after you mentioned recipes and
thought it sounded a bit like I used to make.

Sorry!!! I was wrong and got mixed up with something else!

Himself reminded me that my sweetcorn fritters evolved from when I used to
batter fish and deep fry them. I used the left over batter and mixed in the
sweetcorn! I know that I didn't deep fry them though. I shallow fried them
in oil and butter. For the fish batter I used SR flour with water and
salt.

> If you do beat an extra white for the fritters, then how do you use up
> the leftover yolk later?

See above.

You know me, I'm not comfortable with
> leftovers and I don't like to throw food away. Telling me to save it
> is useless, because I wouldn't know what to do with it - so if that's
> your method, concrete suggestions will be appreciated.

Just as I described Oh and now the subject has been raised (I asked him
if he could remember how I made them) he wants some ... and it's all your
fault!! <g>

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/