Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default What am I doing wrong with my cauliflower mashed potatoes?

Todd > wrote:
: On 06/25/2013 01:35 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Todd > wrote:
: > : On 06/25/2013 10:54 AM, KROM wrote:
: > : > just be sure to peel the green away..it?s the inner white core that?s
: > : > potato like.
: > : >
: > : > what I enjoy is cubing it and cooking in broth then removing once tender
: > : > yet firm and drying on paper towel and frying in a pan with butter till
: > : > brown like hash brown cubes and have with egg..sometimes steak...make me
: > : > not miss potato so much.
: > : >
: > : > KROM
: >
: > : Okay, stupid question. What do you do with the rest of the head?

: > Cook it as broccoli florets. us the microwave for about 5-6 minutes with
: > covered florets.
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Hi Wendy,

: Thank you!

: Then what? Cheese sauce?

: -T
I eat them plain, fewer calories , but whatever sauce you like should work
fine. Better than trying to cook them the pressure cooker which would too
easily overcook them givin gyou the same problem you had with the
cauiflower. Learn and practice using the microwave for cooking your
vegetables. You can even use it to make pretty good ovenless and
pasta-less lasagne using horizontally sliced eggplant or zucchini which
you first soften in the microwave adn then make into lasagna by whatever
recipe you like and cook until boiling and cheese is all melted in the
mivrowave. this might also help you with your burning an dover-cooking
problem as you can alwasy cook for a short time, like 2-3 mins and check
and then cook another minute or two and check and if you walk away, since
it is on a timer, you won't get it all burnt.

Wendy