Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '95 Il Sodaccio di Montevertine

With Jean off in Hawaii this week, Andy and I are living the bachelor
lives. Tonight we made pasta (cappelini, fettucine and one lonely
lasagne) and I had a tomato-based sauce with it. With this, I opened:

1995 Montevertine Il Sodaccio Vino di Tavola
nose: some maderization, pencil lead
palate: medium body, smooth mouthfeel, good acidity

Alas, a disappointment. Although there was no overt sign of heat damage,
it certainly bore the imprint of heat damage in its flavor profile.
Still serviceable with the pasta, it lacked the aromatic complexity that
I expect from this producer.

Mark Lipton